Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Twitter stock surges on strong Q2 results

This morning I was worry about TWTR Q2 report at the end of today Tuesday. I thought about selling some of them, in manner fact I sold a small portion TWTR to buy Corning Inc. (GLW) its quarter Q2 miss, it was down this morning, I lost about 10% $20.00 Down 2.05(9.30%). It is normal procedure to buy when the stock you knew went down a lot it is the case of Corning. Then I read this article http://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ratings/analyst-color/14/07/4734997/will-twitters-q2-fall-victim-to-law-of-large-numbers
I calmed down and continue to check the performance of TWTR which I could sell before 4:00 PM but the whole day it goes a bit just a few cents and ending up with 60 cents.
This is his statement:
Still, Wunderlich's Harper expects the company to post higher-than expected top-line growth, with advertising revenue up 110 percent.
and now after 4:00 PM TWTR's CEO reports that Q2 rose to 124% it is very closed to Harper's prediction. How he knows it??? or just pure luck or he did his research as I do, when I read the article and I strongly believe what he said. Because every important news come from Twitter it is more important then Facebook (FB) in my opinion because we need it.


http://www.cnbc.com/id/101872740?__source=yahoo|finance|headline|headline|story&par=yahoo&doc=101872740
SAN FRANCISCO – Twitter shares surged nearly 30% in after-hours trading with news that revenue for the micro-blogging site handily beat Wall Streets expectations.
The site's second-quarter revenue rose 124%, to $312 million, from the same quarter a year ago

No comments:

Post a Comment